Come & give a listen!
(Click to listen. Uses Flash)
- Click here to directly download the show
- You can also find us on iTunes or subscribe directly to the podcast episode RSS feed.
Part 1: Geek Out
For the first half of the show, we give a wrap-up of LosCon along with our "live" recording at the convention.
Part 2: Craft Geeking
The holidays are coming up, and while this section might be a little late, hopefully, it’ll give you some ideas for the upcoming season for simple DIY gifts.
Jade makes easy tea liqueurs which involve:
- bottle of decent, but relatively cheap vodka
- favorite black tea (Earl Grey, Irish Breakfast, etc). Green tea or Jasmin works well.
- Put the tea into to the vodka.
- let it sit for 2 weeks
- Decant into sterile bottles
- Give to friends!
Infused oils -- get virgin olive oil from Costco and garlic, rosemary, or thyme...along with sterile clean bottles. Let the oil sit for 1 month.
Both Jade & Sandy bake cookies for friends
Sandy: I make loads of cookies, and Craftster just sent out a recipe for peppermint bark that I think I’ll add to my repertoire.
- EASY peppermint bark: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=141963.msg1396164#msg1396164
Hats are quick easy gifts to churn out, esp. in worsted or bulky weight yarn.
- Jacques Cousteau hat was a hit. Definitely recommended for the men in your life. There is a lot of Ravelry activity on this hat, so be sure to check out all the modifications. http://punaisensydamentorppa.wordpress.com/2008/11/12/jacques-cousteau-hat/
Sandy made a gothic Christmas tree out of tinsel. Pics and instructions on her public livejournal entry: http://racerxmachina.livejournal.com/663092.html
Pointy Sticks & Crooked Hooks:
- Jade -- has a case of start-itis
- Started a vest (Hiker’s Waistcoat), which is a button down vest, using her handspun from TDF 2011.
- A pair of socks for my nephew’s birthday, which had to rip parts out several times over because she can’t count, and he has small feet. (US 2 Children)
- Finished her daybreak before Turkey day! Needs to be blocked.
- Started a very long tail hat using the knitting machine and am just knitting now in the round to finish off the hat part.
- RAN OUT OF YARN ON CHARITY PROJECT. :((((( Must get more Brown Sheep Bulky.
- Finished Through the Woods hat for herself. (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/through-the-woods-3)
- Need to start: Hobbes the Tiger for a baby boy. http://sukigirl74.blogspot.com/2011/03/free-hobbes-crochet-pattern.html
- Cardigan for a gal pal (purchased pattern)
- baby blanket in Crayon for another baby.
Make it Sew:
The only sewing Jade's done is to make a modesty panel for her red silk corset.