In this episode, the girls geek out about their February Cons -- GallifreyOne and Stitches West. Jade talks about the events at GallifreyOne, then Jade & Sandy talk about the things they saw (and bought) at Stitches West 2016. They wrap up the episode with their in-progress knitting projects
- Click to directly download it from this link.:
- You can also find us on iTunes or subscribe directly to the podcast episode RSS feed.
Get GeekyWe have a new INSTAGRAM account, under Geek Girl Crafts Podcast. Please give us a follow!
GallifreyOne --Jade gives a con report of GallifreyOne 2016, including some of the panels where she helped present, the costumes seen, and the guests.
Con Report Stitches West 2016
- Podcast host meetup. Jade met a lot of cool podcast hosts
- Twinset Jan
- Knitting Butterflies
- Downcellar studios
- Knitted Knockers Design Project - Knittedknockers.org
- Notable Points:
- Slipped Stitch Studios - amazing geek based accessories for the Geeky Knitter
- Stephen & Steven -- amazing fashion sense in their designs
What did we get?
- Yarn on the House yarns - enough for a sweater.
- Miss Babs - sweater yarn & 2 skeins of SOJORN (cashmere & silk)
- Abstract Fibers - sock yarn
- White Cellar Self striping Yarn
- six pairs of Norwegian-style (and actually made in Norway!) clasp buttons for the Fjallsippa sweater.
- Yarn from the Verdant Griffon: Skein of Bugga in Along the Nile, Skein of Skinny Bugga in Prince Charming’s Trousers, skein of Mithril in Straw into Gold
- Signed copy (and a nice chat): New Lace Knitting by Romi Hill. I WANT TO KNIT THE WHOLE DAMN BOOK. You bet I’m reviewing this. She was also selling the much-admired Pleiades and Muse shawl patterns for half off, I picked up Melpomene.
- The Forest Weave sweater pattern by Yumiko Alexander of Dan Doh. (which I asked about the meaning in Japanese-- it means “warm earth”). This is a really texturally interesting cabled-sideways piece and she makes it in plant fiber, which is always welcome to my too-warm self.
Photos of my adventures are on the geekgirlcrafts twitter feed.
Work and gaming knitting: vanilla socks for Eric in a very old skein of yarn-- Brunswick Nylamb in the color Cranberry.
Done with first heel flap, pretty darn close to done on second.