In this episode, Jade & Sandy discuss upcoming events, then geek out about the upcoming Halloween Holiday. Then they discuss their crafting projects, including their soon-to-be "Tools of the Trade" mini episodes. We invite you to give a listen!
(Click to listen! Uses Flash)
- Click here to directly download the show
- You can also find us on iTunes or subscribe directly to the podcast episode RSS feed.
- Dickens Faire -
- Nov. 22 - Dec. 21
- LosCon -
- Nov. 28 - 30, 2014
- HALLOWEEN! October 31!!!
- Video tutorial links from Good Housekeeping: primarily makeup, little to no costume! http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/holidays/halloween-ideas/halloween-costumes-with-makeup
- http://takebackhalloween.org/ great ideas, a lot of them from things you can get at a thrift store or your closet
- Cross play for girls -- Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Robin Hood, Indiana Jones,
- Historical women -- Rosie the Riveter (cambray shirt, jeans, red kerchief),
Women in Gaming
- Anita Sarkeesian is a media critic and the creator of Feminist Frequency, a video webseries that explores the representations of women in pop culture narratives. There are MULTIPLE videos that talk about women in the pop culture, especially in video games. We’ve talked about her before.
- Support women working in gaming (like Zoe Quinn and Brianna Wu)
Get CraftyJade and Sandy are pleased to announce a mini-series of episodes called "Tools of the Trade", which will be available through the Geek Girl Crafts feed. Each episode will cover a short 15-20 minute overview of a given craft, the tools you need, and how to get the basics started! Let us know if you have any specific interests you want us to discuss.
Sandy made a illefiore necklace! She'll probably do a "tools of the trade" on continuous knot beading.