Come & give a listen!
(Click to listen! Uses Flash)
- Click here to directly download the show
- You can also find us on iTunes or subscribe directly to the podcast episode RSS feed.
Part 1: Conversations
- Gallifrey -- Pres Day weekend (Feb 17-20) http://www.gallifreyone.com/
- PantheaCon -- Pres day weekend @ the Doubletree Hotel in San Jose, CA http://www.pantheacon.com
- Dundracon Feb 17-20, San Ramon Marriott http://www.dundracon.com
- Stitches West -- Feb 23-26, Sta Clara Convention Center http://www.knittinguniverse.com/stitches/west/
In the first half of today's episode, we talk about female tropes in the science fiction and fantasy within the t.v. & movies media.
We hit shows from Star Trek to Firefly to Fringe to the Avengers and to Doctor Who (naturally), and then some.
Part II: Make Section
- still knitting socks for her husband using KnitPicks Felici in the Time Traveller colorway
- Needs to re-do her Fellowship sweater sleeves as it has Crystal Carrington sleeves.
- Working feverishly on her costume for Gallifrey, and should be done in time!
Jade is currently working on the following things
- Amused from Knitty 2008 -- pull over cable sweater using merino, cashmere, alpaca
- A Design for Tardis fingerless mitts. She's finished with the first one and is knitting the second one with a few tweaks
- EZ tam/beret with Koolhaus cable (Jared Flood)
- grey, green striped hat
- hat for her coach
- Finished a Hawaiian Tartan
- her first handspun scarf, using a Merino, Bamboo, Firestar handspun called “Black Hills Gold”
- Gretta -- a corriedale merino fleece
- Teeswater roving