Come & give a listen!
(Click to listen. Uses Flash)
- Click here to directly download the show
- You can also find us on iTunes or subscribe directly to the podcast episode RSS feed.
Part 1: Geek Conversations
Espana is working the SF Examiner as a writer.
She currently reviews the Custom Made Theatre’s production of Cory Doctorow’s Little Brother. http://www.custommade.org/
- Jade just finished One Con Glory that Espana reviewed. It’s a really quick read and she REALLY enjoyed it.
- Sandy: Reading the following:
- Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson.
- The Well of Ascension,
- The Hero of Ages.
- Readers who are fans of Scott Lynch’s The Lies of Locke Lamora might also like the first book of this series, that has a very caper-like plot to take down the bad guy.
- Catherynne M. Valente’s Deathless. Slavic folklore combined with Soviet revolution. Far better than Palimpsest, for which she was Hugo nominated in 2010.
- Ken Liu
- Reading a lot of short stories to see about nominations for Hugos.
- Sandy: Anime: Full Metal Alchemist, available on Hulu in its entirety, both tv seasons and the movie
- Espana: Fringe, Supernatural, Sherlock, and Community; ‘Remedial Chaos Theory’, UFO
- Jade: Finished re-waching ST: Voyager, Doctor Who Christmas Special, and now re-watching some of Angel.
Part 2: Geek Crafting
- Finished a tam out of some left over yarn -- using a combination of Elizabeth Zimmerman (tam o’shanter hat) and the Koolhas cables by Jared Flood
- Still working on Amused from Knitty 2008 (using a cashmere / merino blend)
- Halfway done on the Hobbes amigurumi: really quick and easy, cute as can be
- drafted up a plain sock for jer husband, using math and Felici in Time traveler, size 1 (2.25 mm needles) 11 inch feet, 10.75 ankles, holy moly!
- Finally finished spinning enough yarn for sleeves on my “Everyone Knows” sweater. It’s washed, fulled, and thwacked
- black & acid green houndstooth scarf
- blue, black, and light blue trial plaid piece of fabric that was sewn into a bag for the rigid heddles
- Working on a Hawaiian plaid tartan scarf/sash that I can wear to the highland games.