In this episode, Sandy & Jade squee about the upcoming new video games and movie trailers. Then in the unedited second half, the girls talk about their latest knitting, sewing, cosplay projects, and bodily functions….
- Click to directly download it from this link.:
- You can also find us on iTunes or subscribe directly to the podcast episode RSS feed.
A Geek’s Life -- A Brief Life Update
Sandy’s father is ill, and she is spending her time with him, so we will have hiccups in our podcasting schedule for now. So please bear with us.
Moments of Squee
- ROGUE ONE TRAILER! OMG! --- More stronger female lead heroes
- Doctor Strange Movie! Trailer
- Jason Momoa as Aquaman --- Nom…
- Pyre, a new RPG from Supergiant Games-- a very unique setting (exiles wandering through a mystical purgatory), beautiful music (as always), new trailer and info here:
- Overwatch -- Blizzard -- Trailer -- OMG, characters
Jade wanted a cart for organizing supplies while at her work table (i.e. dining table). She looked at the IKEA Raskog, but it was too small for her super crafting needs, so she got something bigger from Home Depot…..
Read about it on her blog: http://geekgirlcrafts.blogspot.com/2016/04/organizing-crafts-on-utility-cart.html
Sandy joined a Lace Knitter’s Guild!
Work and gaming knitting: vanilla socks for Eric in a very old skein of yarn-- Brunswick Nylamb in the color Cranberry.
Knitting attack! Had to frog back to heel flap, as the heel was too narrow/tight to fit over his wider heel.
Finishing the hoodie band? Something? On my Apres Surf Hoodie.
Just a half inch to go on this thing!
Cast on a slip stitch stash hat for charity. (Syrian knitting group on ravelry)
Using all my worsted scraps to make a sunset color theme.
Going to alternate knitting for Afghans for Afghans and Syria this summer.
Make It Sew
- Previously: Ripping apart an existing commercial clothing for a pattern.
- Now: Created master paper pattern from the seam-ripped pieces, then drew out the harlequinn patterning for Shego, and made the final pattern pieces.
- Swatching with a serger!
- SANDY SEWED SOMETHING. (part of something. Making muslins for a work skirt.)