In this week's episode, we are still missing Espana, but Sandy & Jade geek out about fitness, then talk about project gremlins. Come & give a listen!
(Click to listen! Uses Flash)
- Click here to directly download the show
- You can also find us on iTunes or subscribe directly to the podcast episode RSS feed.
Maker’s Faire May 18-20, San Mateo Event Center, San Mateo CA
World Maker Faire New York, Sept. 29 & 30, 2012, New York Hall of Science, Queens NY
- Conference of Northern California Handweavers-- at the Oakland Marriot May 18-20
- May: Memorial Day Weekend
- June 2nd: Spinning at the Retzlaff Winery, in Livermore, CA
Women in GamingFor those of you who game online, we have a video that should be of interest, especially if you’re female or know female gamer -- it deals with sexual harassment and how women deal with the “predominately” male audience (although we know that the statistics for that don’t play out). This is a more in-depth discussion that we’ll get to once Espana returns, but we felt that this video was worth sharing now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrLp_bArz3Q N00dz or GTFO panel discussion at PAXEast
Geeks and Fitness!
Sandy & Jade talk about geeks & fitness. Check out Fitocracy to help make fitness more fun.
Making, Crafting, and DIY
The girls talk about how not to turn your seemingly harmless project (a Mogwai) into something that will wreck havoc with your crafting life (gremlins) especially, if you start it after midnight (when you're tired)
- Finished the pair of generic vanilla sock
- Started on a new sweater -- the Chic Knits basic hoodie pattern.
- Still spinning for the Knitmore girls SPAKAL and has 3 ounces of Gretta spun up
- Almost had a project turn from Mogwai into a gremlin!
- Ribby Cardi is going great!
- Blanket Squares for our friend are completed
- Looking for the Ultimate Shawl