(Click to listen. Uses Flash)
- Click here to directly download the show
- You can also find us on iTunes or subscribe directly to the podcast episode RSS feed.
Part I: Geeky Stuff
- Thanks to the podcasts CraftLife & KnitKnit Cafe for running our promo recently
- Thanks to everyone who left a review on iTunes. It really made our day.
- LosCon - Thanksgiving weekend at the LAX Marriot Hotel (http://www.loscon.org)
- Bal de Vampyre - November 12th. (www.peers.org)
- SFinSF with Kim Stanley Robinson and Cecelia Holland Nov 12 (http://www.sfinsf.org)
- They Might Be Giants (Jonathan Coulton opening) Nov 12-13 Fillmore (http://www.theymightbegiants.com/news/jonathan-coulton-boldly-opens-for-tmbg-on-join-us-tour/)
- Bay Area Bead Extravaganza (BABE) Nov. 12-13 (http://www.beadextravaganza.com)
Con ReportsThe girls went off to first-time conventions, and had a blast at both. They'll be returning to those cons again in the future.
- Geek Girl Con Report ---España went up to Seattle to attend this convention. Here are some of the links from that discussion
- Espana mentions geeky ceramic pendants, http://surlyramics.com/ during the con report
- Big Bad Con Report: Sandy ---- Sandy also talks about Big Bad Con -- the gaming convention in Oakland
- Do: Pilgrims of the Flying Temple
- Faery's Tale Deluxe
- Mouse Guard RPG
- State of Flux LARP by Ace of Geeks
Part II: Crafty Section
Pointy Sticks & Crooked HooksSweaters for Penguins! http://www.grist.org/list/2011-10-18-you-know-you-want-to-knit-a-sweater-for-a-penguin (note: this organization already has enough sweaters due to the generous nature of knitters)
- Apres Surf hoodie. Just finished the decreases for the armholes on the back. 5 inches of knitting plain in pattern coming up, whoop-de-doo. ;)
- I am designing a sweater for afghans 4 Afghans: the current drive got me started on a youth sweater that I designed from the bottom up. I am drafting up the pattern for this piece and will publish it to the Afghans 4 Afghans Ravelry group and the GGC podcast blog.
- afghans For Afghans main site. The current drive is asking for mainly sweaters, also vests, mittens, socks, hats, and blankets, in wool or animal fibers ONLY, due date January 2012.
- Fans of afghans for Afghans Ravelry group (requires Ravelry login)
- Everybody knows, from Knitty 2008 -- using Frank handspun from TDF 2011. She might need to spin up more of Frank.