(Click to listen. Uses Flash)
- Click here to directly download the show
- You can also find us on iTunes or subscribe directly to the podcast episode RSS feed.
PART I: Geek Out
- World Fantasy San Diego, Oct 27-30: Jo Fletcher, Neil Gaiman, Parke Godwin, Ruth Sanderson, Shawna McCarthy, Connie Willis. peers.orgSaturday, November 12, 2011
- Le Bal de Vampires, Nov 7, 2010 http://www.peers.org/vamp09.html
- Sandy is reading:
- Jade -- finished Bordertown: A Chronicle of the Borderlands & Borderland: Where Magic Meets Rock & Roll (Borderlands Series) and is halfway through Welcome to Bordertown. (Note: The older books are Out-of-print, and it is suggested that you hunt used bookstores or the library for them.)
- Espana: Clarkesworld, Lightspeed, Strange Horizons.
Sandy talks about her proposed LARP for Dundracon (Pres Day Weekend 2012). It's a an Arabian Nights style one-shot game, “The Thousandth Night”. Sandy's troupe, December Star, has a community on Facebook: December Star RPG.
PART II: Crafty Geekiness
- Sandy is still working on the DoD illustrations.
- The girls talk about Fanart and what Espana has been working on for various fanzines & projects (
- The conversation segueways into TAFF (Trans-Atlantic Fan Fund)
- Twitter: @TAFFNews
Knitting/Crochet: Pointy Sticks & Crooked Hooks
- Finished the Mondo Cable cardigan yesterday, but is on a button search.
- Working on a somewhat secret gift for a friend.
- About 12 inches into the back of her Apres Surf hoodie. Waist increases done, bust increases halfway done.
- 10 squares done on the shelter afghan. The website for its progress, and how you can help a shelter: http://santaclaracharitycraft.blogspot.com/
- Lady Bronies: Sandy talks about a certain cartoon for knitting inspiration while Jade is horrified. Sandy has already kool-aid dyed yarn and is working on an intarsia chart.
- Sandy & Jade talk about what they like to knit / crochet and their respective styles.
- Jade is working on Gretta, a fleece from Nebo Rock Ranch
Make it Sew
- Short segment as none of the girls are working on anything, but Espana *should* be starting on her projects
DIY & Other Craft Projects
- Espana talks about the Dr. Who beaded necklace, and Jade talks about the knitting machine
- The two bead places in San Francisco are:
SF/SF Calendar of Events from SF to LA