In this episode, Jade & Sandy discuss holiday gift giving for your favorite geek and crafters. They offer up suggestions for gifts as well as places to make purchases. Then in crafting, they discuss their Grinch-like tendencies about crafting for themselves this holiday.
(Click to listen! Uses Flash)
- Click here to directly download the show
- You can also find us on iTunes or subscribe directly to the podcast episode RSS feed.
With the holidays, we might not be able to podcast our second episode for December. (Yes, we know we totally missed out the end of November, and we apologize) We will definitely try and get a podcast out, but no promises. Regardless, we will see you all on the flip side of 2015!
Everyone enjoys gifts, especially ones that tell your loved one that you thinking about them. However, instead of guessing, Geek Girl Crafts recommends that you:
- Pay attention to what your loved one has said about their geekiness and/or crafting.
- Ask them what they really want for the holidays (and while you’re at it, tell THEM what you want)
But here are some gift ideas that might also help those that are shy at discussing their wishlists or if you think you know what they might like:
- ThinkGeek.com -- tons of stuff for geeks from various fandoms.
Jade’s bought many things for herself here. :-)
- Steam Powered has wish lists for gamers: http://store.steampowered.com/
- Tshirt stores, like TeeFury, Woot, RedBubble
- DeviantArt for prints, mousepads, and all things by independent artists
- Hot Topic has geeky stuff and is located in various local mall in your area..
- Geeky cufflinks at Etsy! ½ d20s, USB ports, circuit board pieces, scrabble tiles: Follow the Chris https://www.etsy.com/shop/followthechris?ref=l2-shopheader-name
- For techy geeks, http://www.dudeiwantthat.com/
- Also USPS has Batman Stamps from USPS
Gifts for DIY makers
- For online crafty classes: http://www.craftsy.com/
- Custom stamps from Esty seller The Stampin’ Place: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheStampinPlace?ref=l2-shopheader-name
- Subscriptions to Online Magazines
- Make Magazine: http://makezine.com/
- Craft Magazine; http://makezine.com/craftzine/
- Interweave Magazine --- (and videos) - http://www.interweave.com/Magazines/
- Knitting Daily
Make it Sew! -
Sweater-arm (or sweater pants) to armwarmer with phone pocket!
More project bags for WIP as well as re-usable gift bags. She’s been using remnants from Joann’s Fabrics, where she also found Disney Villainesses as a great fabric print for project bags.
The pattern is on her blog: