In this week's podcast episode, the girls take 30 seconds to fangirl squee about a few random items, then turn the discussion to their favorite animated movies and t.v. shows from this year, as well as past years.Then, they discuss their latest crafty projects and their progress on their cosplays for the rest of the 2015 convention season.
- Click to directly download it from this link.:
- You can also find us on iTunes or subscribe directly to the podcast episode RSS feed.
- Convolution 2015 - Burlingame October 2-4, 2015 -- All three girls will be attending Convolution this year. Check out their fan table at the Con.
- Writers With Drinks monthly http://www.writerswithdrinks.com/
- Big Bad Con 2015 - October 16-18, Hilton Oakland Airport: http://www.bigbadcon.com/
Moments of Squee
30 seconds of Fangirl squeeing
- Jade - John Barrowman in a corset…… https://www.facebook.com/JohnBarrowmanOfficial/photos/a.752061038137654.1073741828.608544929155933/1037005352976553/
- España - The Tick is coming back!!!!! (http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/amazon-orders-pilot-superhero-cult-comedy-tick-20140902)
- Sandy Star Trek's Nichelle Nichols flew aboard SOFIA Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy, the largest airborne observatory in the world, as it studies the formation of massive stars & evolution of planetary construction material. https://plus.google.com/u/0/+NASA/posts/3eNuhLxeMt4
The following is a blend of movies and t.v. shows that the girls have watched, and have favorited -- either recently or for all time.
- Steven Universe
- My Love Store (anime)
- Porco Rosso (movie)
- Rick and Morty: Heavy science fiction, very dark, very funny, high concept. Examines consequences of science fiction concepts.
- Bob’s Burgers -- Netflix
- Pirates! In an adventure with scientists! -- Aardman Animations
- Sword Art Online (the latest anime she watched)
- Star Wars Rebel
- The Minions Movie -- The latest animated movie that she watched and LOVED it. -
Let's talk fiber.
No finished objects
Dr. Who mitts! Knucks base, Jaeger DK dark blue
Knucks are done, now I’m embroidering the police box details.
Make it Sew - Cosplay Creations
- Kate Bishop
- Belt buckle. Jade made this out of worbla, but having problems with the texture. The Viking added bondo and primer to smooth out the surface. It turns out this a common problem with this stuff.
- Mask - The mask is taking forever. She tried to make it out of buckram and fabric, but it’s proving fiddly, and moved onto worbla
- Joanns Fabric is starting to carry geeky fabric, such as asteroids, etc.