In this episode before España goes to the UK, the girls talk about the re-telling of fairy tales from different points-of-view, starting with Malificent (don't worry, no spoilers). They discuss some of their favorite books, movies, and authors who have utilized this particular genre. Then in crafting, España waxes about seeing her beading supplies again in the UK, Sandy talks about her new alpaca fleece, and Jade can't really talk about her super seekrit (not-so-seekrit) project.
(Click to listen! Uses Flash)
- Click here to directly download the show
- You can also find us on iTunes or subscribe directly to the podcast episode RSS feed.
Get GeekySome of the books discussed on the show:
- Jim C. Hines -- The Princess Series
- Anne Sexton: pulitzer prize poet, poetic retelling of fairytales, called Transformations , 1971
- Terri Windling & Ellen Datlow --Snow White and Blood Red (and others)
- Lots of shorts stories on Podcastle.
- Was (Jeff Ryman),
- Snow White: A Tale of Terror,
- Enchanted, Snow, Glass,
- Fire and Hemlock by Diana Wynne Jones (Tamlin)
- Upcoming Dracula Movie,
- Hansel & Gretel: WitchHunter,
- Snow White & The Hunter,
- Ever After (Drew Barrymore)
- Apples 10th Kingdom TV series
Make it Sew! -
She's still working on her Super Seekrit Project. You can read about it on her blog.