In this episode, the girls discuss the movie, Wonder Woman, in excruciating detail. So, SPOILER WARNING! After some spoiler-ific discussions, they move onto their latest crafting, sewing, and making projects, where Jade actually finishes some projects!!!
- Click to directly download it from this link.:
- You can also find us on iTunes or subscribe directly to the podcast episode RSS feed.
Wonder Woman Review
- Box office smash -- “While it's not as big as the opening weekend for Man of Steel or Deadpool, it easily surpasses Doctor Strange and the first Iron Man, Thor and Captain America movies.” > $100m domestically in the U.S
- JADE: I don’t like how they say it’s record breaking for a “female director” when it’s just record breaking in general on several fronts.
- Princess Buttercup to Amazon General: http://www.tor.com/2017/06/06/princess-buttercup-became-the-warrior-general-who-trained-wonder-woman-all-dreams-are-now-viable/
- Jade: Go see it. It’s a good movie and is true to the origin stories of Wonder Woman. Some problems with it, but nothing that truly detracts from the storyline. I was one of those that wasn’t too pleased with the casting of WW, but Gal Gadot KILLS it as Princess Diana!
- Sandy: I think with this movie and other “this won’t sell”-breaking films like Hidden Figures and Get Out, we’ll hopefully be seeing more underrepresented voices get their chance to tell their stories in Hollywood. The numbers certainly don’t lie!
For self striping yarns, check out Susan B Anderson’s Smooth Operator Socks: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/smooth-operator-socks
Make it sew:
- Jade is getting serious about her SDCC costume.