In the first half of the episode, Jade & Sandy give a brief report on their respective conventions --- ConVolution 2016 and BigBadCon. Then they dive into the improvement of Halloween costumes for little girls since 2015. In the second half of the episode, Sandy briefly talks about #inktober and helping to sew special heat warmers for kittens and puppies at shelters. The girls geek out about their latest crafting projects, and Jade is her own fairy godmother as she had two weeks to get ready for the Ball.
- Click to directly download it from this link.:
- You can also find us on iTunes or subscribe directly to the podcast episode RSS feed.
Con Report Central:
- Jade gives a report on ConVolution 2016 - Sept. 30 - Oct 2 - Burlingame Hyatt. Theme: Monsters! http://www.con-volution.com/
- Sandy talks about Big Bad Con: http://www.bigbadcon.com/
- Halloween costumes for Girls --- This year has been better for girls and commercially available costumes. The plethora of female heroines has been on the rise with t.v. and movies featuring strong women characters -- Super Girl, Wonder Woman, Ghost Busters, Disney Descendents, Star Wars (Rey & Rogue One), DC Super Hero Girls,
Art and illustration: Inktober
”Every October, artists all over the world take on the InkTober drawing challenge by doing one ink drawing a day the entire month.”
Or #inktober on most social media
Picked up my acrylics bin and worked on a project so old it’s not even on my Ravelry-- some granny squares for Project Linus. Aiming for 60 squares, I’m about 25 along.
Baby blanket for a gaming friend! Team effort, knit and crochet
Argyle crochet square with planned pooling:
Make It Sew
Sandy: Rice warmie bags for animals!
Easy beginner pattern and a welcome item at animal shelters. Use your flannel and fleece scraps, save a kitten or puppy’s life!
Jade: Had to get ready for a Moulin Rouge Ball in under two weeks. Spoilers….she made it! Her dress diaries can be found here: http://geekgirlcrafts.blogspot.com/search/label/cancan