(Click to listen! Uses Flash)
- Click here to directly download the show
- You can also find us on iTunes or subscribe directly to the podcast episode RSS feed.
Lets Talk Geek
- WorldCon: http://www.worldcon.org/
- Chicago, Illinois, USA Thursday 30 August 2012 - Monday 3 September 2012
- California Academy of Science: Craft Night (August 16, Thursday)
- J-Pop Summit SF http://www.j-pop.com/2012/ (August 25, Saturday)
- Pacificon: http://www.pacificongameexpo.com August 31-Sept. 3, Santa Clara Mariott
- Sandy is running a new RPG called F***Armageddon, by Machine Age Productions. It’s free to download on Drivethru RPG or you can buy the censored F*** Armageddon, which has additional content. http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/102939/Fuck-Armageddon
- Celesticon:http://celesticon.com/ August 31-Sept. 3, Fremont Marriott, Fremont, CA
- SacAnime: www.sacanime.com August 31-Sept. 2 Woodlake Hotel, Sacramento
- Operation Fork SF https://www.facebook.com/events/428857813822924/ (August 25)
- Convolution http://con-volution.com/ Nov. 2-4 Hyatt Regency, Burlingame, CA
- WesterCon: http://www.westercon66.org/ - July 4-7, 2013
YA AuthorsSandy’s reads:
- The Spook’s Apprentice series by Joseph Delaney. It’s set in a fictional Lancashire with excellent local knowledge of British fey and witchlore!
- The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1) by Patrick Ness : I’ve already reviewed it, but it’s YA that pulls no emotional punches. Very intense and suspenseful. Not what you’d think you’d find in YA, which makes it very intriguing!
Geek Girl Crafts PodzineFor those of you who missed the PREMIER ISSUE of the Geek Girl Crafts Podzine, it's not too late to catch up on your reading. You can download the Podzine here! We're also looking for new submissions for next quarter's zine.
Lets Get Crafty!
- Raspberry Cabled Cardigan. Jade is currently working on the sleeves and has sewn together the body.
- Crochet -- BRAIN SLUG -- created for the Viking
- finished basket o STUFF for Afghans for Afghans
- Now working on the to the Ribby Cardi!
- Occasionally poking at the Wool Peddler Shawl Istarted in the early summer.
- Crochet:: Sekrit project. Is sekrit.
Make it Sew
- Jade:Picked up a Al-Ghwazi pattern, from AlterYears, and has washed the fabric to begin cutting
- Sandy:Pattern marking Paul’s yukata today, sewing tomorrow!