Come & give a listen!
(Click to listen! Uses Flash)
- Click here to directly download the show
- You can also find us on iTunes or subscribe directly to the podcast episode RSS feed.
Maker’s Faire May 18-20, San Mateo Event Center, San Mateo CA
World Maker Faire New York, Sept. 29 & 30, 2012, New York Hall of Science, Queens NY
- Conference of Northern California Handweavers-- at the Oakland Marriot May 18-20
- May: Memorial Day Weekend
- June 2nd: Spinning at the Retzlaff Winery, in Livermore, CA
- Still working on the Chic Knits basic hoodie pattern. She's on the ribbing portion of the sweater.
- She found her PopCorn knitting via a skinny scarf with her handspun, Stained Glass. It took over all of her knitting until she was finished.
- Put aside her SPAKAL spinning as she is working on her costume for Clockwork Alchemy
- Freezing my butt off in the office, so an emergency shawl is in order, over and above the lace shawl I’m searching for. Enter the Wool Peddler’s Shawl by Cheryl Oberle, from her book, Folk Shawls. Knitting it in Araucania Atacama alpaca yarn, a light worsted in turquoise, with flecks of black and brown. Doing it in stockinette rather than garter stitch for the body, started with a garter tab for the cast on (thanks, Westknits!). Garter tab tutorial!
- Finished the second front of the Ribby Cardi. Yay!
- Recipient of blankie has reviewed the squares-- we started joining last night! We are doing a crochet join-- alternating scs and ch1, skipping alternate spaces. A nice, elastic join.
- New project to cast on for: Afghans for Afghans is starting their summer campaign for knits to be sent to kids and adults. This time, they want hats, socks and mittens only. Details here.