(Click to listen. Uses Flash)
Click here to directly download the show. You can also find us on the iTunes shop.
Administrative Stuff: This week, we're trying out recording on Skype. So, if the audio quality sounds a little different, it's because of this reason. Please let us know how it works out for you. We have several other sound options that we're going to explore.
Part I: Geek On
- NorCal Ren Faire: Weekends, September 17 thru October 16, 2011 10 am - 6 pm @ Casa de Fruta in Gilroy
- Oct 7-9, Big Bad Con, gaming convention in Hilton Oakland @ Oakland airport. Looking for volunteers for reg, open gaming, and soliciting for GMs to run games for the convention. http://www.bigbadcon.com/
- Killing My Lobster Conquers the Galaxy: Sep 22– Oct 09 Sketch comedy, TJT Theatre, 470 Florida between 17th & Mariposa, San Francisco, CA
- Litquake Oct 7-15 / Lit Crawl Oct 15 Various locations, genre and non, pure awesome http://www.litquake.org/festival Celebrating the final night of Litquake, San Francisco’s Literary festival, the Lit Crawl is the world’s largest free literary crawl, in the heart of San Francisco’s Mission district, where it all began. In 2011, we’ll feature 450 readers and 79 readings in ONE night. Yes, ONE single night. More writers and book lovers than you can shake a stick at. Crazy. Inspiring. Exhilarating. Impossible to categorize. You don’t want to miss it.
- Yaoi-Con Fri, October 21 – Sun, October 23
Topic Du JourWhat we talked about:
- Special PacifiCon Report from Sandy.
- Special WorldCon Report from España: Part 1
- For Fanzines of all various types: http://efanzines.com/
- The Hugo Awards video: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/16783348
- Chris Garcia at 1:29:50 coming slightly unglued.
Part II: Geeky Crafts
KNITTING & CROCHET
- finished her Feb Lady’s Tunic Sweater and added grosgrain ribbon
- started the Mondo Cable cardigan out of Cascade 220 Heather (in red wine), of which she had to rip out 3 inches (2x over)
- Finished a baby blanket for a friend
- Charity blankets: Project page and participation info at Charity Knit/Crochet for Santa Clara County
- Apres Surf Hoodie from Interweave knits 2008 ( http://www.interweavestore.com/Knitting/Patterns/Apres-Surf-Hoodie.html)
- finished up Abstract Fibers, Malificent
- finished plying up Foxglove Spice = 881 yards 3ply
- started Chasing Rainbows Merino/bombyx silk
- Jade --Grommetted her bodice. Stuck herself with an awl and bled a little over the clothing
- Worldcon went well, with a mostly assembled Watcherwoman costume. A lot of sewing of buttons and making button jewelry and obsessing over other ways to use buttons now.
- Starting her Gallifrey One projects now. Finding a good fabric for Aztec!Barbara, probably speaking with Mette about figuring out the headpiece, and then applying feathers!
Where you can find us
- Follow us on twitter at:
- Find us on Facebook as Geek Girl Crafts Podcast
- You can also find us on Ravelry: as jadecat9, nogitsunegirl
SF/SF Calendar of Events from SF to LA