In this episode, the girls play catchup after being gone for about a month. They squee over their most recent favorite things, then discuss their current crafty/DIY projects.
- Click to directly download it from this link.:
- You can also find us on iTunes or subscribe directly to the podcast episode RSS feed.
- Worldcon in Spokane August 19-23
- Convolution 2015 - Burlingame October 5-6, 2015 (july 25th working picnic)
- Writers With Drinks monthly http://www.writerswithdrinks.com/
- Celesticon: (September 4-7, 2015) http://www.celesticon.com Where: Fremont Marriott, Fremont, CA
- SF Zine Fest: Sunday, Sept 6th 2015, 11AM - 5PM, San Francisco County Fair Building, free admission
- Big Bad Con 2015 - October 16-18, Hilton Oakland Airport: http://www.bigbadcon.com/
- Labryinth of Jareth - http://labyrinthmasquerade.com/
Moments of Squee - What’s got us excited?
- Jade -- I’ve been under a rock in regards to working
- Minions Movie -- Hilariously funny. Good for people of all ages.
- Dubsmash war between cast of Agent Carter vs. Agent of Shield http://www.buzzfeed.com/alannabennett/hayley-atwell-chris-evans-dubsmash#.ljzeJn5D0
- AND there will be version 2 -- http://www.hypable.com/agents-of-shield-agent-carter-dubsmash-war-2/
- My costuming group at SDCC won “Most Humorous” masquerade with their musical “Challenge Accepted” We had to bow out earlier this year but i’m so happy (and jealous) for them -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpjbC6UaInI&sns=em
- Flipping out over Steven Universe everything. The cartoon is on summer break but there’s a lot to check out on Hulu, Google Play, or its original Cartoon Network. New episodes go up on August 6th, but there was a major upload around SDCC that has all the fans talking. Fan Art on Tumblr is incredible, there are comics with some cute storylines, it’s all ages but has something for everyone.
- EMP Museum - http://www.empmuseum.org/
Let's talk fiber.
Pattern: Dr. Who cowl
Tour De Fleece
Make it Sew
- Jade is nearly finished with the Kate Bishop costume. The dress and belt are 90% completed. She still needs to finish her mask.
- Jade helped a friend learn how to use her sewing machine and how to sew the beginnings of a Asian Lolita outfit.
- Speaking of outfits, have you seen the Muslim Lolita outfits? They’re awesome http://www.boredpanda.com/muslim-lolita-hijab-japanese-fashion-anime/
- Sandy started off with some routine maintenance on her sewing machine, which turned into a BIG OLE PROBLEM, and now it needs to be repaired.
- Sandy just bought Gertie Sews Vintage Casual, too, boo-hoo.