In this episode, Sandy & Jade discuss the events happening for February, as well as the dreaded Valentine's day gift giving with some helpful tips on geek gift giving. España sends in a field report reviewing the book, "Rivers of London". In Get Crafty!, the girls talk about their recent project disasters. Sandy announces a Harry Potter "Craft-A-Long!" Come and join us!
- Click to directly download it from this link.:
- You can also find us on iTunes or subscribe directly to the podcast episode RSS feed.
- DundraCon - Sandy is doing another Karaoke LARP - Feb. 13-16. 2015
- GallifreyOne - The Doctor Who Convention in LA. Special guests include: Alex Kingston and John Barrowman. Jade will be attendance. Feb. 13-16, 2015
- Stitches West - Santa Clara Convention Center - Feb. 20-22
Valentine's Day Gift Giving
Traditionally, V-day gifts include flowers, candy, and jewelry. Here's some takes on those traditional gifts, geek-style.
- Geek flowers -- Think Geek bouquet of stuffed kittens:
- D20 dice rose quartz necklace -
- dice necklace
- Sweet so Geek Candy for the discerning Geek. https://www.etsy.com/shop/SweetsSoGeek
- Geek Rings, including Whovian engagement ring set: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Cloud9Tungsten?ref=l2-shopheader-name
- Zelda Life bar necklace:
- DIY treat: chocolate covered bacon:
Review of "Rivers of London" by España Sheriff
Sandy wants you to geek out about Harry Potter! She's organizing a Potter Craft-a-long. Make your favorite Potter Universe item, whether it be knitting, sewing, baking, or otherwise. Check out the Geek Girl Crafts forums on G+ and Ravelry:
Check out the official Harry Potter Universe website at: https://www.pottermore.com
Make It Sew!
Jade had to re-do her bag after a trial run. She found some issues, including it being too floppy. She's posted about it on her blog along with her fixes: