(Click to Listen...)
You can also download it directly from our Hosting Provider.
In the First Half of the podcast, España, Sandy, and Jade give an introduction to themselves and what makes them geeky. In our topic discussion, we discuss
a) What is a geek?
b) How are geek girls different from geek boys (outside of the obvious)
c) What is starting to bring more girls to the scene?
In the Second Half of the podcast, we talk about the projects that we're working on (costuming, knitting, etc), and discuss how our geekiness affects our crafting, and vice versa.
- Sandy is working on
- a crochet project from Stitch & Bitch, The Happy Hooker
- a remake of a tattered 1920s dress from a Estate sale find using the amazing beadwork
- Jade is :
- trying to finish the last 6 inches of her February Lady Sweater
- several hats
- a Renaissance Faire outfit
- España is working on:
- her World Con costumes
- a sign for a World Con party
- learning how to create some 'fake' books
Resources & Events
The following are the resources & events mentioned on the podcast
- LJ: dw_cosplay -- a Dr. Who Cosplay site
- LJ: crafty_tardis -- a Dr. Who Cosplay site
- LJ: steamfashion -- a LJ community for Steampunk fashion
- Cosplay.com -- a cosplay website
- Brass Goggles -- a good place for steampunk ideas & costuming
- Ravelry -- a community for all Fiber Artists
- Worldcon: Science Fiction Convention held annually in different locations. Reno, Nevada. Wednesday 17 - Sunday 21 August 2011 (España will be attending this convention)
- Pacificon: Gaming Convention held in the SF Bay Area.September 2 - 5, 2011 (Sandy will be attending this convention)
- SF in SF: Author/movie events
- SF/SF: SF Bay Area Newszine; an online magazine dedicated to the San Francisco Science Fiction
- San Francisco Science Fiction Calendar -- all of the geeky events occurring in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area
- Ending music snipped for this podcast is: G33k and G4m3r Girls by Team Unicorn
- Opening music & intermission Music: Sound bytes from Ms. Pacman